PAN Card Application
PAN Card Application can be made either online at the NSDL website or by applying at any of the district level PAN agencies. Applications for new PAN allotment as well as those for correction or change of information can all be made by customers. Form 49A is the form that needs to be filled and submitted for application of new PAN.
Additionally, there are ways to obtain duplicate PAN card in situations where an entity loses or misplaces the PAN card. Indians, foreigners and NRIs all can obtain PAN, although the forms and procedure may vary for each of these entities.
Application forms for new PAN and reprint of PAN are different. Once, a user makes any of the above applications with regards to PAN, he/she can track the status of PAN application via the acknowledgement number furnished by NSDL.
A PAN card can be applied for through the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) as well as through the UTIISL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited). Applicants can submit their PAN card applications either offline or online.
Online PAN Card Application Process
The online application process for a PAN card is mentioned below:
- Visit the TIN NSDL or NSDL website and select the ‘New PAN’ option
- Select Form 49A for Indian citizens (including NRE/NRI/OCI individuals)
- Fill in the details in the online form, mentioning details such as your full name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, income details etc.
- On filling the form, submit it and pay the processing fee
- Print the page with the 15 digit acknowledgement and sign in the space provided.
- Affix passport sized photographs on the acknowledgement, proof of identity and proof of address documents and Demand Draft (if you are paying through DD).
- The above are to be sent to the NSDL office by post within 15 days of submitting the online application.
- The PAN will then be sent to the address within 15 working days.
Offline PAN Card Application Process
- Download the PAN card application form from the NSDL or UTIISL websites or collect a copy from UTIISL agents.
- Fill in the form and attach supporting documents (proof of identity, address and photographs)
- Submit the form and documents to the NSDL office along with the processing fee.
- The PAN card will be sent to the address mentioned in the form within 15 working days.
- How Many Days Will It Take To Print And Dispatch Cards (Pan Card Is Under Printing)?
As per the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website, the entire process of printing and dispatching cards takes approximately 15 days. Once the application is submitted for a new PAN card or correction in the existing one, the applicant can track the status of the application using the acknowledgement number. The status can be tracked by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit www.tin-nsdl.com
- Select ‘PAN’ under the ‘Services’ tab.
- Next, click on ‘Know Status of Your Application’.
- Select the application type and provide the acknowledgement number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- On doing so, the details are provided in the corresponding screen.